Thursday, December 07, 2006

Pearl Harbor 65th Anniversary

Today (December 7th) marks the 65th Anniversary of the attacks on Pearl Harbor. They are saying this will be the last gathering of the survivors at Pearl Harbor. So, it is an even more significant day. I am such a WWII buff and love to hear stories about WWII, so I will have to find some WWII stories today. I have attached some pictures of when we went to visit Pearl Harbor in October 2005.








This is the Arizona platform/memorial.


Parts of the Arizona are above the water.





















I am standing on the Arizona platform looking down onto the Arizona.















This was a battleship (don't recall the name) that was docked in Pearl Harbor the day we went. I have a few more pictures I will be posting here in a minute.

No comments: