Thursday, March 22, 2007

Dallas Shower


We had a Dallas shower on Saturday, March 3rd with family and friends. This was another successful shower in which we received gifts ranging from clothes, towels, bibs to high chair, car seat, travel system and bouncer. Shannon, friend and host, had an interesting game set up for us to play. The Diaper Game!! She bought 10 different baby foods and put one type of food in a diaper. Then the diaper was passed around and you had to smell the diaper and guess what flavor the food was. Just the sight of these diapers was disgusting enough. After everyone got over the initial shock of what the food looked like in the diaper (your typical dirty poop filled diaper) we all had a good time. I was horrible at this game. I had green beans and carrots down at least twice and I even saw the food beforehand. I couldn't remember the names of any of the food. Goes to show, never trust a pregnant woman’s memory. A friend won when she had 8 correct answers! Everyone was amazed, but when they discovered she has a 3 1/2 year old and a 6 month old they all proclaimed "No Fair!!" (or something along those lines) Hehe! Good times!! Here are a few pictures. Hopefully there isn't an enormous amount of space between each picture.






The baby shower cake. After the shower the cats discovered the toy lamb on the kitchen counter and were playing with it. I kept hiding it (well, not so well) and they kept finding the toy. I eventually had to hide it in a really good spot, and they haven't discovered it since. Woot! The cats bully the dog so we are waiting for the day our daughter gets older and chases the cats around the house. It will be nice to see the table turned on them. We had a friend come over with their toddler a while back and she ran around the house with her arms open yelling "Kitties!!!" The cats were terrified. It was great!!! We love our cats, but enjoy seeing them getting bullied.



This is another homemade diaper cake created by mom. She did a great job as well. She hid little gifts inside the cake. One night we decided to take down the diaper cake so we could discover the goodies inside. There were sooo many diapers. I think we are good on diapers for awhile!! :)

I think my mom and Mary both could have another job creating these diaper cakes. Heck, I think its neat and I am waiting for one of our friends to become pregnant to see if I can create this. Come on...someone get pregnant. I can't promise that my diaper cake creation will be standing up straight. I hope that is okay.









In this picture we are playing the diaper game. Look at all those serious faces.

No comments: